What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of text that websites send to your browser and stored on the user’s terminal, which can be a personal computer, a mobile phone, tablet, etc. These files allow the website to remember information about your visit, such as the language and the preferred options, which can facilitate your next visit and make the site more useful to customize its content. The cookies have an important role in improving the experience of using the web.
How are the cookies used?
By browsing this website you agree that the user may install cookies on your terminal and allow us to know the following information:
- Statistical information on the use of the website.
- The format of the preferred web access from mobile devices.
- The latest research carried out in the web services and data customization services.
- Information about the ads shown to users.
- Information from the surveys in which participated the user.
- Data connection to social networks for users to access their Facebook or Twitter user.
How to manage cookies in the browser?
The user has the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting your browser options in your terminal:
To set permissions related to cookies in the browser Google Chrome:
- Click the menu in the toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Advanced Options Show.
- At ‘Privacy’ section click the button Content Configuration.
- In the Cookies section you can configure the options.
More information about Google Chrome.
To set permissions related to cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- In Firefox you can choose the option Use custom settings for history to configure.
More informations about Mozilla Firefox.
To set permissions related to cookies in the browser Internet Explorer 9:
- At the top of the Internet Explorer window click the Tools menu.
- Select the Security tab and use the Delete browsing history to remove cookies. Check Cookies check box, and then click Delete.
- Select the Security tab and access settings. Move the slider fully up to block all cookies or completely down to allow all cookies. After that, click OK.
More information about Internet Explorer 9.
To set permissions related to cookies in Safari:
- When you open the browser, click “Tools” at the top and select the tab “options”.
- Click on the tab “Security” and check if the “Block access to third-party cookies” is checked or not.
- Click on “save”.
More information about Safari.
When you block cookies on your browser is possible that some services or functionality of the website are not available.
In some browsers you can set up specific rules to manage cookies on websites, which offers more precise control over privacy. In this case you can disable cookies from all sites except those in which they trust.